Friday, July 29, 2011

Hellooooooooooooooo!!! :)



Long time no write!  Being pregnant and dealing with morning sickness almost 24/7, and then enjoying a newborn at all hours of the day and night, well, it's been a while.  But I'm really excited to be reawakening this blog!

There are going to be some differences this next time around, that I hope you love...  First, I'M speaking in FIRST-PERSON person to all of you caregivers who want to teach children LDS values and truths.  Before I was trying to give kids a place online that speaks to them, and a chance to connect with other LDS kids.  Maybe that will still be developed here later, but for now I'd rather use resources already available that do that.  And by that I mean The Friend magazine! 

That leads me to my second change, which is basing all activities around the current Friend Issue.  There is SO MUCH in that amazing magazine and I want to use it!  I want my kids to have their cute faces in it everyday so it really is a friend to them.  My activities will compliment the stories and crafts that are already in the issue, and coincide with that month and year's Primary theme.  This will also let the activities here be a resource for Primary leaders.  Cool, huh?  I know!

The last change will be how often I post.  Since we don't always have every craft supply on hand or the same amount of energy everyday, I've decided to post half the weeks ideas on Sunday and the other on Thursday.  By doing this I hope to accomplish a couple things.  I hope I'll spend more of the Sabbath preparing spiritually for the week and studying in a way that will help me make Sundays more special.  I also hope you can have options and arrange that weeks activities according to your family's personal needs.

Again, I am SO EXCITED about bringing this blog alive again.  AND I'm excited to be speaking to you parents, grandparents, older siblings, aunts, uncles, friends, and church leaders directly (especially since the kids I'm planning activities for may not be reading.) :)  Please let your friends know about this blog and see you Sunday!  And, of course, remember the Gospel IS TRUE!

Love!
Eva!

2 comments:

  1. I'm so glad you are back to this blog (though I can relate to the morning sickness)! My son is now 19 months and I look forward to doing these things with him (and our baby that's on the way).
    -Wendy (your cousin)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! The times I have squeezed in a spiritual activity here or there I've always been glad I did, so I'm glad someone else can get something from that too. I hope you are almost out of the woods as far as the morning sickness goes! Good luck with the pregnancy! :)

    ReplyDelete