Sunday, March 11, 2012

Free Printables Of Scripture Stories, Old Testament and More!



Hi Friends!  I just had to share what helped us get through Sacrament meeting quietly (woohoo!!!) and actually have family scripture study tonight: www.ldsfamilyfun.com  If you haven't already, USE THIS AWESOME RESOURCE! :)  You have to give them your email address to register and sign-in to use the site, but you can opt out of their monthly newsletter if you like so it's relatively painless as far as the junkmail side of things goes (I don't thnk their newsletter is junkmail btw, but I know someties people hesitate to give out their email, anyway....)  What do you get?  Access to SO much!

I just downloaded the activity books about Abraham and Daniel.  Each book has coloring pages, word games, matching activities, etc about the spotlighted story/prophet.  The prophet books have a list of scriptural references at the beginning which highlight important parts of the prophet's life.  So we selected the pages that were age-appropriate, printed them, and colored these during Sacrament meeting.

Then we colored more tonight before bed as I read some of the scripture references.  The kids crossed off the scriptures we read, and were able to see in the pictures we were coloring what was happening in the reading.  Just another idea to make scripture learning time happen.  I don't have the money to buy all these books in their entirety, but printing off the few coloring pages is worth it to me.  I know it's a daily challenge for us to read the scriptures as a family.  Even tonight's success took 3 tries, but once we sat down and feasted on the words of Christ together it felt so great inside my heart and in our home. I know it was worth it! 

I hope you have a great week!  The work you are doing is real and worth it.  If you need a pick-me-up as far as teaching your kids and having more patience with them (don't we all) watch this clip.  You ARE DOING A GREAT WORK!  The Gospel is true, and God (and I) love you! -Eva

Motherhood: An Eternal Partenrship With God

1 comment:

  1. Thank you so much for this awesome link! It was an answer to my prayers - literally.

    ReplyDelete