Tuesday, July 1, 2014

S'mores & Preisthood Ordinances: A Delicious Object Lesson



We wanted to make s'mores and it was Monday night, so I decided to tie it in with our theme for the month, ordinances.  I thought about the graham cracker squares, sweet chocolate pieces, and white marshmallows and came up with this...   

I loved explaining with s'mores to my kids that just like a s'more could theoretically keep being added to and keep going and going, families and covenants are meant to also.  
They go on and on and bind us forever.
And now just some fun pics of my kids cooking.  
Sammy doing a happy dance over graham crackers...
 Roasting the sweetness!
 
 Proud girl!
 Even Sammy gave it a try.
 He was super proud.
 So was I...
 I like trying a variety of chocolates in my smores.  We related this to our endowment, teaching our kids that some people get endowed before their mission, or before getting married, or when they are older.  It's different for everyone, but still sweet!
 Proof I was there!

  Some fun jumping on the trampoline!
 Proof Dad was there!
 Sophia was gone for a while and came out with water for everyone.  What a thoughtful surprise!
I was so proud of her.
FHE can be short and simple sometimes and still be a great night.  When it's "wholesome" like the Proclamation on the Family describes, relationships grow, love is felt, and that is the perfect environment for learning.  The Gospel is true!  Love, Eva

No comments:

Post a Comment