Wednesday, May 2, 2012

More With Prophet Pictures...Inviting them Into Your Home



 While at BYU Women's Conference we were blessed to listen to Elder Neil Andersen and his sweet wife Sister Andersen.  Surrounded by so many faithful women, listening to inspired words, I asked a friend to take a picture of me with the friend who invited me to Women's Conference.  I did not want to forget how I felt there in that moment, after having just been taught by a prophet and singing "I Know That My Reedemer Lives."
 Later in the day I was in the home of another dear friend from my youth. 
It was so inspiring to see her after she gave birth just 4 weeks ago (isn't she beautiful!,) taking care of her 3 kids, and even having this on her dining room wall...
She told me that after reading the bio on back she had selected one image to represent an interest of each of these prophets and apostles.  Then they worked on learning about each person.  This way when her children saw them speak at General Conference they would hopefully remember their name and something about them. 

Her kids are all 6 and under!  I was so impressed and grateful to have a good friend, being an example and strength to me.  Although they had planned to take the pictures down when they were done learning the names, they've decided now to read the adresses in the conference Ensign and put up a new image next to each picture to represent what that prophet spoke about. 

Since returning from conference I have been so much more patient with my kids.  I have felt a stronger love for my husband.  I have heard the Spirit's voice more clearly.  It has been easier to keep the Lord's commandments.  All of this is not because of some magic pill or potion.  It is simply because I had the opportunity to immerse myself in the words of the prophets.  The words of the prophets are the words of God.  They are our friends, cheering us on to righteousness and victory.  Have you made time to hear your personal cheerer today?  Have you read a message from our sweet prophets?  Do so with your family.  You won't regret it. :)

The Gospel IS true.  I feel so lucky to have attended this conference.  I feel recharged and reenergized.  But I also know that I can feel this way, full of spiritual strength everyday, by reading and learning from the scriptures.  Off to feast!  Love, Eva

No comments:

Post a Comment